Did you think we would leave our festival attendees without anything to say thanks for supporting the local land?
Thanks to our insanely generous lead partners, supporters, stallholders and other North Canterbury friends we went a bit mental with prize offerings this year (not that anyone's complaining).
Check out what was on offer...
THE QANTAS RED RAFFLE
The good sorts at Qantas believe in the value of travelling to quality destinations... Which is why this year, Qantas are running a charity raffle at the festival, raising funds for the North Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Fund to keep the beautiful region alive and the amazing local producers of Hurunui on their feet.
During the day of the festival, Qantas will be roaming around under the oaks selling $2 'Red Raffle Tickets'. Not only will 100% of your donations go towards helping out your North Canterbury friends, but each ticket will go in the draw to win one of three return flights for two to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, as well as a bunch of spot prizes throughout the day. Not bad, huh?
SO, HOW CAN YOU WIN?
1. Buy a $2 "Red Raffle Ticket" from the roaming Qantas crew at the festival
2. Listen to our festival town crier throughout the day as they announce fun spot prizes as well as the winners' of Qantas return flights across the ditch
3. If you're a lucky winner, take your ticket to the Qantas tent by the end of the day to redeem your prize ('Red Raffle' ticket holders must be onsite to redeem their prize by 4.30pm)
RAD SPOT PRIZES INCLUDE...
• 3 x $100 JR Duty Free Vouchers (given away individually)
• 3 x $50 JR Duty Free Vouchers(given away individually)
• 2 x Bottles of Ataahua Wine
• Magnum of Pegasus Bay Pinot Noir 2012
• 3 x Bottles of The Wine Maker's Wife
• A Cakes by Anna to the value of $60
• 1 x Bottle of The Third Man & 1 x Bottle of Muddy Water
When it comes to beautiful sights, Fendalton Eye Clinic just can't get enough - and
there's no denying Glenmark Domain is a wee photogenic nook in Waipara Valley.
Due to the abundant photo opportunities at the North Canterbury Wine & Food Festival,
we've decided to team up with our lead partners Fendalton Eye Clinic
to run a bit of an Instagram competition (complete with prizes, obviously).
It's really quite simple...
1. Take a beautiful shot throughout the day that showcases your
favourite moment at the festival (it could be a close up of delicious wine & food,
your picnic set up, the oak trees, your mates...)
2. Upload your best festival photo to Instagram, tag @fendaltoneyeclinic
and use the hashtag #NCWFFthroughmyeyes
3. Together with Fendalton Eye Clinic, we'll choose our favourite pic and
reward the photographer with 12 bottles of the finest North Canterbury wines
from the festival (winner must be 18 years and older)
Ready, set, hashtag!
PIMP OUT YOUR PICNIC & WIN FOOD FREEBIES
Grab your grandmas crotched rug, a polka dot umbrella, fresh blooms and
everything else you can possibly think of to make your picnic set up the best
in the valley...
The festival team will have their eyes pealed across the day to spot the festival gang with
the most poppin' picnic ensemble and rewarding them with FREE FOOD VOUCHERS!
Just remember to leave your own wine & food at home. No offence, but our local stallholders will
most likely be serving you better stuff than what's in your fridge anyway.